11/11/10

if you like multiple Swedish bands you are most likely a borderline hipster

Oh Sweden you are so much more than IKEA... (Actually if you go to Sweden's website, Sweden looks pretty badass. There are 400,000 wild mooses and numerous lakes. And Alexander Skarsgard............)

But for reals, Sweden is also home to two of my favorite bands: The Knife and First Aid Kit. Name dropping these bands, especially The Knife, will sometimes outhipster and perplex the most vintagest of hipsters. So I figured I would start here on the borderline hipster playlist. 

I first heard the Knife while hanging with a pierced and tattooed crew in my hometown of Erie, PA. The Knife is sweet. If I had to assign it a genre I would call it 'electronica bizaarro.' They are siblings and they dress up like Shakespearean joker crows and/or crazies but the sound is incredible. Silent Shout (2006), their 3rd album, is what got my attention. It cuts pretty hard. I actually think they are boogie down robots. Or aliens from the future. 

If you have heard this song you may still be on the non-hipster side of the line that is ironically drawn in the sand, but just by a grain (smaller than your nano):

HEARTBEATS 

If you have heard this song you are probably reading this while wearing neon sunglasses or black and purple sunglasses that have studs on them (which I got at the Milcreek Mall, which are awesome...)




Also download: "Na Na Na," "Silent Shout," and "Neverland" for starters. 



No comments:

Post a Comment