1/19/11

"I'm Marina. You are the Diamonds"

I really regret not seeing Marina and the Diamonds when she came to World Cafe Live last year....

Marina is like a new wave, more vocally-blessed Gwen Stefani vomitting up a florescent, checkered flock of seagulls. She doesn't give a *WHAT!* either. I feel like she could hang out with me and my girlfriends from home and get super weird and creep around the bar with us telling people she's going to KUNISSS them and waving her arms like Black Swan wings. (What? It's super fun....)

Marina would be down. Love her. When asked in an interview to describe her fashion style in three words, Diamandis said "vintage, cheerleader, cartoon." - Proof that pop music can be for hipsters.When it's pop music that likes to get WEIRD.







No comments:

Post a Comment