1/27/11

Back to SUPER groups



If I had to pick a close 2nd to Them Crooked Vultures, it would be The Dead Weather.

Pleading Neo-Gonzo journalism, I shall now cite WIKIPEDIA!!!:
The Dead Weather is an American alternative rock supergroup formed in Nashville, Tennessee in 2009. Composed of Alison Mosshart (of The Kills and Discount), Jack White (of The White Stripes and The Raconteurs), Dean Fertita (of Queens of the Stone Age) and Jack Lawrence (of The Raconteurs and The Greenhornes)[1],

We already know how I feel about Miss Mosshart. Likewise, I think Jack White is a genius. A creepy genius who likes taxidermy-raccoons but a genuis NONETHELESS! I love that he switches it up as the drummer in this SUPER group and Horehound, as a whole, is a great album. It's like a spooky, garage-y, at times goth, blues, rock and roll joint. It's absolutely filthy. I love it.

On a side note, I feel like they should start making SUPERs of other things besides bands... like super CHEESES: Get Brie and Buffalo Mozzarel and Aged Smoked Gouda together and say like HEY we're a new SUPER cheese, rehearsals are on Thursdays! Our new SUPERcheese name is The OOC RIDICULOUS.

I would buy that cheese's album. Fo sho.





No comments:

Post a Comment