12/14/10

Like Captain Planet. But better...

SO I get that to understand and appreciate SUPER GROUPS you have to have an inert sense of music snobbery. This is mostly to be able to identify and freak out screaming over what bands the other members of the super group are from.... Sorry, SUPER GROUP....

And to have an inert sense of music snobbery you have to sometimes sit in or around a beanbag chair with holes ripped in it while smoking a hookah and/or think about enrolling in art school and/or already have graduated from art school.

If this doesn't describe you, there might be some basic questions floating in your head:

What is a SUPER GROUP?
CAN I JOIN A SUPER GROUP?

The answers are Shut up. And also, No, unless this is Springsteen and Ringo sitting in a room reading this together, in which case please return my voicemails about the SUPER GROUP...

Arguably the best of this new musical trend is Them Crooked Vultures. Josh Homme (decently awesome but not worth Biebering over), Dave Grohl (totally awesome. I loved you at first Mentos) and John Paul Jones (are you shitting me???).

Open letter to Dave Grohl, if you're the one in charge, please come to Philly and play a show in my apt. Or anywhere near where I live. I make really good spinach artichoke dip you have to like that.... Anyways this song is my favesies. Ugh it's like those crooked ass vultures know that 80% of the time all I wanna do is have my mind erased. Preferably at the Gingerbread Man in Happy Valley or at Calamari's in Erie, PA.



No comments:

Post a Comment