12/23/10

GLEEK THE F OUT!

Things you should know about me before this post:

a.) I love cheese. All kinds of cheese. My best friend and I used to have a system of rating men by comparing them to a scale of increasingly fine cheeses.

b.) I took voice lessons for like 12 years and my first big role in a musical was "Cheerleader #2" in a grade school production of "Sis! Boom! Bah!" In fact, (and I type this while wearing jeggings and a skull print cotton t from Urban Outfitters so bear with me), I revert to a NKOTB-crazed tween when you put me in proximity to an orchestra pit. I love the drama and the theatrics. Theatre is proof that God or Jebus or whoever wants me to be a total ham and that I am actually not annoying to others.

c.) 9 times out of 10 I judge a song or singer strictly by their vocals. What occasionally makes me the target of sporadic hipster ire is that I will orate my respect for nearly anyone who can sing a solid vocal regardless of their popularity at frat mixers and/or a 12-yr-old girl's slumber party. For this reason I have respect for the Beyonces, Christina Aguileras and Mariah Careys of the world because they have raw natural talent.

d.) ...as such I must confess: I CAN'T STOP WATCHING GLEE! AHHH$%^&*@#$!!!!

I need to accept the truth that nothing about my affinity for show tunes and covers of Top 40 hits by Broadway stars makes me a badass.

Annnnnnnnnd now all my friends whose bands are listed on The Deli officially disowned me. Fanfuckingtastic. Thanks again, FOX. Dicks.....







No comments:

Post a Comment