3/12/11

BEATS 101

Maybe it's because I used to teach fitness classes in college and took hip hop and other styles of dance but hot damn do I appreciate a beat at 100+ bpm. For this reason I am the member of an elite BEATS sharing email list serv. The list serv is so elite that I can't even tell you much about it. There are three other members besides myself and you can't join. You can also get kicked off the list serv for not contributing enough BEATS (Fetz). The BEATS listserv is all about a toe-tapping, fist-pumping good time. Also I used to live on the Jersey Shore. True story.

Most hipsters don't like beats unless you count Disco Biscuits: 

Or maybe this guy. I can see him doing an inverted fist pump:


Assuming you are new to beats here is some beats 101. These are like, beats with training wheels. You can't just drink a sip of Ron Ron juice and be a guid overnight. Please......

DAFT PUNK: is playing at my house, my house. 



TIESTO: Oh how I miss that semester in Barcelona.... le sigh.



KYLIE: I loved you since the locomotion.



And of course, one of the greatest music videos and beats of all time - ERIC PRYDZ: I told you I taught fitness in college.






No comments:

Post a Comment